Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Breeched Whale

Like what I did with that? You could either refer to my baby as the whale... or myself. :) I had my pre-op appointment earlier this afternoon and asked the doc to check me for progress--which there was absolutely none. That's for the best, and probably to be expected for a baby that is head up with feet up too (nothing to put pressure down low).  A quick ultrasound showed Baby Sam is still breech. Friday morning is approaching - perhaps not as quickly as I'd hoped - but I am so close I can taste it!  Today I was at the hospital with my dear friend Alison who is in labor with her second. The hospital had a fire a few days ago and while it was on a totally different level, it apparently flooded Labor and Delivery (causing some labor patients to be diverted to other hospitals). I found out that my c-section will still take place at the hospital as planned but they have to use the main operating room (instead of the L&D OR) so there is potential for delays in addition to being moved between different floors. Anyways, Friday is coming and it's pretty cool that Alison and I will be at the same place, each with our own new baby boys! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment