Monday, September 15, 2014

My grandma's house is for sale!

After LOTS of work by friends and family, my grandma's house in rural Waxhaw is about to hit the market! She lived in that house for over 20 years and has recently moved to a senior community closer to family. We updated all the flooring and paint as well as a number of light fixtures and mirrors. I desperately wanted to update the bathroom sinks but that has not yet happened. I did some staging over the weekend. Everything had to be small enough for me to manage by myself at 23 weeks pregnant, as well as fit in my van (air mattresses, single chairs, etc.). There is just enough to help folks identify what room they are in as they walk through. We were supposed to finish everything on Saturday but there was still more packing/decluttering to do AND the power went out for the entire afternoon so we didn't finish until Sunday! I like to use both natural light and electric light for real estate photos because it creates a cozy atmosphere, but I couldn't take pics with the power out! Plus, even though I took my tripod, I did not have the attachment on my camera to connect it (doh!). And it was cloudy and rainy. wamp wamp. Anyways, thanks to Joyce, Jill, and Colin--couldn't have made the staging happen without you!!













(bedroom)

(bedroom)











No comments:

Post a Comment